*SPOILER ALERT* (If you haven’t seen the entirety of ‘The Americans’ first season then I highly suggest that you stop reading.)
Click the link below to listen to the podcast:
It has been months since the finale of FX’s breathtaking series ‘The Americans’ and clearly, the show has made its mark. There is no denying that ‘The Americans’ is the best new show of last season and I’m not to positive that a better show will come out this season. For the mean time let’s listen to Andy Greenwald talk to the showrunners Joe Weisberg and Joel fields. Some of the topics they discussed include:
– Joe’s past as a CIA trainee.
– The showrunner’s choices for the music in the show.
– The goal of the show and the finale.
– What melts Elizabeth Jenning’s heart.
– The future of the show including Paige’s suspicions of her parents, the uncertainty of Margo Martindale’s character Claudia, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich) as a possible double-agent, and the other characters
– Performances that they liked and the actors that lived through the first season.
– The historical basis for Alison Wright’s character Martha.
– How Keri Russell ended up with the role of Elizabeth Jennings
– The Soviet technology for realistic looking wigs
– What’s the deal with Nina? Is she a double agent, or a triple? Don’t want to do the math? Then listen to the podcast!
This is such a treasure trove of information. It’s only 49 minutes, but I think it’ll be enough to get me through this week. Happy listening!